What’s the difference between a cloud forest and a rainforest?
- Characterized by mist and fog
- At higher elevations
- Have cooler temperatures
- Are always damp
- Characterized by an abundance of moss
Differences between cloud forest and rainforests:
- Cloud forests have shorter trees
- Cloud forests have less diversity, but they have a higher rate of endemic species
- rainforest rivers tend to be larger, slower and siltier than cloud forests, whose rivers are faster, shallower, and clearer
There are many different kinds of life found in these forests, and they are all connected to each other in this complex ecosystem.